Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2008 Pioneer Award

Each October, people from throughout our Pioneer Library System gather for an annual meeting and banquet, an inspiring program, and the presentation of County awards and a Pioneer Award. This year, I was extremely honored to receive the latter, which is an award for library advocacy and support. Joined last Wednesday evening by my family, staff, and Trustees, I was (and still am!) totally overwhelmed by this recognition.


Thank you to those who nominated me, those who made the award decision, and those who have been so generous with their congratulations, including the Williamson Public Library's Board, Director, and staff for this beautiful white and green floral and gourd arrangement, and the trio of gentlemen who sent me Candy Kitchen chocolates. The biggest "Thank You!" goes to my staff and Trustees for their day-to-day support as we work together to continually improve our Library in its mission to meet the needs of our community.

And now, Mom, Jeff, Carol, Pauline, and Christina, I have blogged about the award!

1 comment:

Tracy W. said...

congratulations!